RE: Autoprocessing of Text in an Email

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 00:43:30 -0500

I have a perl script that lets p my builders on my game server use our
compiler  to compile their area.  With small amounts of fixes I could let
people compile c++ code or anything I have a compiler on Linux on.  They
email me it I use perl and Procmail to parse the body of the email and I
compile the area.  Then I send them errors back so they can fix it.  If they
get a successful compile I then move the data files over to the running game
server.  This sounds like something that would help you learn to do this.
If you want the perl script drop me a mail at kperry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Note I
have not been using this perl script over the last c 2 years because we
created a web page where people could upload their zones and get the errors
via the web.  So I hope the perl script still works.  Even if it has
problems it will give you an idea of how we did it in Perl.

Ken