A question about ARIA?

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <bgaraventa11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:35:02 -0700

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to suppress the repeated announcement of new content using ARIA?

I've been trying the use of ARIA to announce the "Connecting" and "Page is Empty" messages on my page at
http://gutterstar.net/amazon.php
Which appears to be announced using IE7 and JAWS10 resulting from the ARIA attribute within the relevant Div tags..

Unfortunately though, the same message is repeatedly announced, even though the message is only added once. Any idea why this is happening?

To reproduce, click the Go Forward button to get the "Page is Empty" message, or click one of the product links to get the "Connecting..." message.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan