[program-l] Re: word 2003 customized index

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 13:16:21 +0100

Hi David,

Exactly how "Customised"?

Call me if you like.

George.

From: program-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:program-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Reynolds
Sent: 26 May 2010 13:12
To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [program-l] word 2003 customized index

Hello,

I have been asked to generate a macro to build a customized index in
word 2003. I have a table of words and expressions, which are to be
indexed, and thought it best to write my own search routine. Sorting
and building the index document is fine, but I need to work through
the document comparing strings with my references, and storing the
page number for each occurance. Which is the best object to use. I
thought about using the Range object, but I am not sure that this is
correct. In view of Mark and Pranav's recent show of flair on this
subject, I thought I'd ask to save me a lot of time. I need to be able
to reference each character in the document, and of course, its page
number.

Any help welcome,

David.