[program-l] Re: tortoise or eclipse surversive

  • From: <Nick.Adamson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:46:01 +0000

Hi.

It integrates directly in to explorer so you can go to a folder or file on your
hard disk, right click and you'll have a tortoise menu. In there are a load of
options such as check out, update and  commit. View log is one of the options.
Selecting this will bring up a dialog which has a list box listing all the
revisions that effect that file or folder. Selecting a revision allows you to
look at the notes made by the person that committed the change along with the
list of files that were changed in the commit. From this log window you can
also select to undo a commit, change your working copy to the highlighted
revision and so on.
Other options in the tortoise right click menu enable you to revert your
working copy to ensure its clean, you can also list the modifications in a
folder so you can see what would get committed if you were to do a commit.
From the commit dialog you can add comments to your commit and choose which of
your modified files are committed.
It's a really powerful and useful tool.

Thanks.