[program-l] sql server 2005 express nightmares

  • From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:42:51 +1100

Hi.
doing a tutorial from some one, and he is blind.
and now, i am having nightmares usinging the web admin tool for visual web
developer dot net 2005 express.
when i click on the website menu,click the asp website tool, and try to
click on security, get an error saying something about my data store not
being correct, and then clicking on save data store.
then i get the provider link page and it is checked and the asp server radio
button is checked.
then i click test.
but then i get an error about the database not being connected or created
and try to create the database again.
and then tried using the sql command line tool.
and went to cmd / sqlcmd, and said that sql server could not connect.
went to sql configuration, went to protocals, made sure that tcpip was
enabled.
and saying the sql server native client could not connect.
and then added my self as a admin for the surface configuration tool.
so tearing my hair out.
so how do i get this to connect?
tried downloading sql server express, uninstall and reinstalling.
but made no differnece.
so how to get this working.
unless, some one who has jaws, visual web developer, sql server and who
wants to do a jaws tandem session.
tearing my hair out and real frustrated.
and cannot do the login and authentification section of his tutorial until i
get this issue fixed.
any ideas or help.
would be appreciated.
do not want to mess my wireless internet network at home.
so not touching that.
got jaws 10, vista home premium, internet explorer 7.
cheers Marvin.
E-mail: startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx
MSN: sttartrekcafe@xxxxxxx
Skype: startrekcafe
We Are The Borg! You Will Be Assimilated! Resistance Is Futile!
Star Trek Voyager Episode 68 Scorpian Part One