[program-l] html and javascript game

  • From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 22:20:36 +0930

Hi.

Well.

Got a pass for the second programming project.

Now working my way through three tutorials and about gaming, windows store
apps and windows notetaking apps.

So do I use a universl app.

Will this have the java script engine?

And the html stuff as well.

Okay, well.

Any ideas getting started?

Want to have keyboard short cuts, self voicing, and also able to have
gestures to turn on the accessibility, built in speech for blind and low
vision users, and also for sighted users.

So was thinking of using a two finger left swipe to turn it on, and a two
finger right swipe to turn it off.

And then for the laptop or desktop running windows, mac, linux, etc.

Maybe a short cut of let's say alt l, as that is the least used keyboard
short cut.

If any one can recommend any jumping off points for my game development.

Would be very grateful for starters.

Does any one know of a game programming group or mailling list.

Thanks.

Using visual studio community edition 2013 with update 4, latest update,
running windows 8.1 64 bit enterprise on a Toshiba satellite pro c-50-a.

With jaws 16.

Marvin.

Ps: is visual studio 2015 still beta, or is it in a full version, and is
there a community version out.