[program-l] Re: hacker rank site

  • From: Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bryan Schulz (Redacted sender b.schulz for DMARC)" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 10:03:23 -0700

If this is for a coding interview, I always suggest to push your recruiter to switch to something accessible, like collabedit.com. Depending on the company your recruiter might be stubborn to varying degree, so you'd need to push them.

Another suggestion - if you ever use NVDA, you can try my BrowserNav add-on - one of its features is it provides better accessibility for not-that-accessible edit boxes on the web - you can go to that edit box and press NVDA+E to open its contents in an accessible window. That is if that not accessible edit box is the only accessibility problem with hacker rank.

On 3/30/2020 3:38 PM, Bryan Schulz (Redacted sender b.schulz for DMARC) wrote:

Hi,

Have any of you been forced to use hacker rank to show your programming ability?

I just completed an easy task of starting from an input number then spitting out the number and “then”.

4 then 5 then 6 then 7 then 8 then 9 then 10 then 11 then 12 then 13

Due to figuring out the interface and jaws not reading lines of code I was trying to find and edit, it took me about 90 minutes to finally run error free.

Luckily it was a practice task to test drive the interface.

So would someone have any tips for creating code then finding and editing lines with the latest jaws on hackerrank.com?

Bryan Schulz

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>