[program-l] books in accessible format

  • From: "Juan Hernandez" <juanhernandez98@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 15:58:46 -0700

Hi All,

I was wondering, those of you in technical/scientific fields of study,
computer science, math, etc.; how do you get up-to-date books? I have a
bookshare membership, but I find that most of their books are extremely
dated.

One example, I was looking for a few different java text books, for
references, and all I find is stuff on java 1.0 through 1.3 or so.  Java is
at 1.7, so I'd like to get some books for java 1.6/1.7.

If you guys use bookshare to get your books, do they have a request system
that you can request a book and they'll go to the publisher and get a
electronic copy of it?

Any information will be very grateful.

I am looking for any good books on java 1.6/1.7, c++, prolog and SR, the
synchronous resources (on Concurrent computing) book(s)

Best,

Juan M. Hernandez
 <mailto:Juanhernandez98@xxxxxxxxx> Juanhernandez98@xxxxxxxxx
619-750-9431 (Mobile)/Texting OK
Skype me at: blindwiz | HeyTell me at: Twitter/Facebook "blindwiz"
Follow me at twitter:   <http://www.twitter.com/blindwiz>
http://www.twitter.com/blindwiz
Friend me on facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/blindwiz
Connect with me at LinkedIn: