[program-l] Re: a program to adjust the backlight:hints?

  • From: Doug Lee <dgl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 00:44:50 -0500

Shouldn't, unless it's a huge magnet maybe.  I of course can't
promise, but maybe someone else on here knows more about how
susceptible a hard drive is to an external magnetic field.  I'm sure
its being in a sealed steel case helps; I just don't know exactly how
much.

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 03:21:37PM -0800, Tyler Littlefield wrote:
hello,
this may work--I think the harddrive is in the front left of the laptop,
not quite sure. Will the magnet mess up what's on the hd if that is the
case?