[program-l] Re: WordPress and Drupal Feature Question

  • From: Parham Doustdar <parham90@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 09:41:34 +0330

Hi Jim,

In Wordpress, when you are in the list of pages, you can set a page as the parent of another page. To do that, use your screen reader's mouse routing function, and you will see the row changes and somenew fields get added, one of which is the parent drop down.

There is no way to actually tag or categorize a page though, yes.

I hope I answered your question.
On 2/1/2013 12:27 AM, Homme, James wrote:

Hi,

In Drupal, you can have content types called blog entries that contain blog posts. You can have another kind of post called book pages. Book pages allow you to outline them by picking choices from combo boxes. It seems that you can do something similar with WordPress pages. I was just reading in WordPress The Missing Manual that you can't categorize WordPress pages, nor can you tag them. With Drupal, you can also take a blog post and outline it as though it is in a book if you wish. Can anyone shed some light on this comparison? I know I'm rambling.

Thanks.

Jim

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.