[program-l] Re: Wanted: Suggestions for learning c++

  • From: Christopher Kchao <cskchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 03:49:18 -0500

Hello,
The two books I started out with are called:
C++ How to Program and
Absolute C++.
I know the first one (if you actually get the print copy) used to come with a
CD of all the code examples they talk about in the book. It also takes an
object oriented approach and gets you using and understanding classes from the
start. The second one doesn't.
Both titles are available through Learning Ally.
Another very useful resource with detailed tutorials/explanations can be found
here:
http://www.danzig.us/cpp/

HTH