[program-l] WPF XAML markup editing in VS.Net 2008 using jaws 11

  • From: Jacob Kruger <Jacob.Kruger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:59:17 +0200

Ok, something think am noticing as reoccurring now is that if I get onto WPF
page designer, and am focused on a specific control, like the window itself, or
a button, etc. etc., and I then do what worked fine before, and use the context
menu key, and hit enter on view XAML, I can move around in the markup within
that control, but when move over to the next controls tag, that seems to be
when it stops 'telling' me what's happening, so chances are that in that XAML
markup editing window - not just viewing/editing it, but the one that includes
intellisense support etc., something to do with the current tag/object therein
is somehow interfering with the rendering of the content to jaws, if this all
makes sense...?

In other words, if I just right click on the page/form in the solution browser,
and tell it want to just open it in the XML editor, which offers no real WPF
specific support for the contents thereof, it works fine, but if I open the
designer, and then right click on something and tell it want to view XAML,
where you do have real support for XAML editing with regard to WPF controls,
events, attributes, along with intellisense, etc. etc., it won't work.

Problem with real design view is pretty sure that things like the
location/width/size announcement shortcut keys won't work, etc., and not sure
about the property fields either here, and just starting to wonder if this will
also be a markup issue if things like webforms since they also get seen having
a form of document object model/hierarchy.

Only other thing can really try for now is to try and see if the actual
layout/design interface will work any better than it was previously, or else,
for now, will have to try reverting to only jaws 10 for now if planning any
work on WPF, which will mean either on and off uninstalling 11, along with a
clean up reinstall of 10, or else something like setting some form of restore
point and seeing if that wants to work.

OTOH, got something here called SetPoint that hadn't gotten around to looking
into, but it's supposed to be able to do something like create a form of
automatically occurring restore point on the startup every time for things like
test machines.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
jacob.kruger@xxxxxxxxxxxx