[program-l] Re: VS.NET Express

  • From: "Will Pearson" <will-pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:57:39 +0100

MessageHi,

It's also worth mentioning that it's timebombed.  It has the usual 30 day
timebomb in which you have to activate the product, but it's also timebombed
for some point next year, after which it won't work any more.

You can get various Express editions: one each for the four languages that ship
with .Net, a Visual Web Developer Express for developing ASP .Net pages, and an
SQL Server Express edition, which replaces MSDE.  The URL to download them is:
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/default.aspx
Just click the link for the Express product you want, and then click the
download link.  You can install multiple different Express products side by
side, e.g. VB Express and VWD Express, although they will have to be the same
build, e.g. beta 2.

Will