[program-l] Re: VS2008, c++, .net and XML

  • From: "Tim Burgess" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 13:42:33 +0100

Sounds scarey...

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess
Raised Bar Ltd
Phone:  +44 (0)1827 719822
Mobile:  07989 486976
Web:  http://www.raisedbar.net
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atherstone-United-Kingdom/Raised-Bar-Ltd/12023
4896800

http://www.raisedbar.net/petition.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: program-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:program-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Mark Long
Sent: 27 May 2010 12:56
To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [program-l] Re: VS2008, c++, .net and XML

One of the most common ways to call between native code and managed (.net)
code is to create a COM object in .net and then call it via the usual COM
features.

Hope that helps

Mark

________________________________

From: tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [program-l] VS2008, c++, .net and XML
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 12:53:18 +0100

Hi,

Don't know why I was having trouble tracking the call stack with my Jaws 11.
It magically started to work and it took 5 minutes to kill my bug - very
strange.  I've now got my VS2008-compliant application to compile and run as
error-free as I can test for at the moment, so now I'm back to building in
some XML I/O, which was part of the reason for porting this code from VS6.

Reading MSDN articles, there appear to be a lot of XML handling
possibilities available using .net - can I incorporate these into one module
of my win32 code, or would that be a complete re-design for the whole
application?  If it's possible, how do I get access to the CLR and its
routines, please?