[program-l] Re: VS 2008 - edit application menus and context menus

  • From: Sérgio Neves <sergioneves.g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:37:57 +0100

Hi,
I'm answering to myself and to other people who cares.
I've discovered how to edit context menus in projects for .net Conpact
framework. It's a little bit inaccessible, but it's the only way I know.
1. Press tab until focus is on the context menu. Sometimes, jaws doesn't
announce the control, so you have to press f4 to go to the control
properties to make sure you are in the desired control.
2. When you are certain you are on the desired context menu, activate the
jaws cursor and navigate from top to bottom with the arrow keys until you
hear "context menu", then click this phrase  with left mouse button.
3. The menu editor opens and you can type the menu items, separated by
enter. It's easier if you have a braille display, because when you press up
and down arrows, for example, to hear prevous enterings, jaws don't announce
them. If you don't have a braille display, go to jaws cursor and navigate up
and down to see your enterings.
3.1. To add a submenu, position the cursor on a previous entering, press
right arrow, type the submenu item and press enter. At this time, if you
enter something, you are typing another submenu item of the main item. To go
to main items, you have to type left arrow. I repeat: it's a little bit
inaccessible.
3.2. To add a functionality to an item, position the cursor on that item,
then press f4 to go to the properties of this item. After you already know:
press shift+tab and right arrow untill events buttons and press space bar.
Press enter on click event and voila.
4. When you are happy, press escape two or three times to come back to the
designer.

Hope it helps.
Best regards,
Sérgio Neves