[program-l] Re: VB6: Outlook

  • From: David Lant <david.lant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:51:09 +0100

Hi Jim,

I've not done exactly as you describe, but I do have a routine which allows
you to search for a person's name in the Outlook or Exchange address book.
It may be that if you look in the documentation for one of the following, it
may have information on how to look up aliases as well.

MAPI.Session
MAPI.AddressEntries
MAPI.AddressEntry
MAPI.AddressEntryFilter
MAPI.AddressList

Most of the above MAPI object library methods are also present in the
Outlook object library.  So you could try looking in both, in case one gives
different functionality from the other.

David Lant

I.T. Consultant
Consultancy & Development
ICT Services
Tel: (01392) 382464

Devon County Council accepts no legal responsibility for the contents of
this message. The views expressed do not reflect those of Devon County
Council.