[program-l] Re: Using Visual Studio for the First Time

  • From: jacob kruger <jacob.kruger.work@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 22:09:44 +0200

Timothy, I only really, thus far, work with VS code, and, not really visual studio community edition, but, just wanted to ask which version you were specifically referring to?

Besides that, think that with VS code, NVDA might be slightly more suitable, but, yes, haven't done much more than touch jaws occasionally for quite a few years now, and, yes, there is a VS code add-on for NVDA:

https://nvda-addons.org/addon.php?id=128

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
"Resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2022/11/23 20:31, timothyjb310@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all,

I have been programming for several years, and looking to learn visual studio to teach a student. I was curious about weather NVDA or JAWS is preferable when using visual studio, and are there any addons or scripts that make the experience better?

I primarily use NVDA, so I did a quick google search and came up with this visual studio addon for NVDA, is anyone using this, or is it even necessary anymore since it looks like this addon is from a couple years ago for visual studio 2015?

https://github.com/mohammad-suliman/visualstudioaddon

Any tips for getting started with visual studio with a screen reader would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Timothy Breitenfeldt