[program-l] Trying to Set Up ActivePerl 5.10.1 to Take on Maintaining some Perl Scripts for Work, and Battling the Perl Package Manager

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 10:19:00 -0400

Hi all,
I have barely begun to dig into how PERL really works, so that means I am
of course the guy to assume maintenance of some PERL-based code here
<smile>.  My first task is to get all the packages installed that I'll
need to carry on maintaining the software that has been assigned to me.
This software was written for use with ActiveState's ActivePerl.  I got
ActivePerl from http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads,
specifically the Community Edition for Windows.  A piece I need to get
installed is something called PAR-Packer.  Unfortunately, this seems not
to be in the default repository of packages that Pearl Package Manager
queries.  Can anybody tell me where I should look for PAR-Packer? Is there
a different repository I should look in? If I have to change the
repository, what accessibility issues may I run into in the preferences
dialog of Par Package Manager?

Apologies if all of this is Greek to everybody, but I was hoping somebody
here might have experience with ActiveState's PERL, so here goes.

Thanks,
Jerry

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature
unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action
in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in
error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.