[program-l] Re: Today's fun: -QScript, my own programming language

  • From: QuentinC <quentinc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 06:08:04 +0100

Hello,

> Javascript has v8. It's not specifically web based and v8 can be embedded.

Yes. V8 seemed to be undoubtly cool. But call me if you managed to compile it. After having downloaded 4 GB of stuff, I still haven't understood their crazyness with perl, python 2.7, autoconf/CMake and other things of the same kind, the need to use a build tool to build another build tool... I have the impression that you must really be at Google to build it. I pressed on Shift+Delete after a few hours of trial.

If I use something that already exist, sorry, but I want it to work more or less immediately. G++ *.cpp or run some batch script and voilà; basta. Don't install several things for which I have no use except enter into their thing.
This is what makes lua, as well as AngelScript, much simpler and easy; you compile them in 5 minutes.

It would certainly be different if I had to do it for my professional work. But here it's for my spare time, so it has to be fun. I have fun creating something, but not figuring out how to make other's things working if I didn't managed to do it after a few hours.
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq