[program-l] TTS module for python 3 that seems to work/cooperate offline

  • From: jacob kruger <jacob.kruger.work@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 14:28:25 +0200

Came across this just now, and, while I have come across quite a few that try to work online using google translate, etc., but, haven't recently found many that just worked simply/easily, I am quite impressed with this one:

https://github.com/nateshmbhat/pyttsx3

Am working with python 3.7 on this machine, and literally just had to type in following command line command to install this module:

pip install pyttsx3

Then, when I launch the python interpreter, the following will make it speak out a phrase using the machine's default TTS engine - pulled this pretty much off readme section of above page:

import pyttsx3
engine = pyttsx3.init()
engine.say("hello world")
engine.runAndWait()

Anyway, know we don't all need/want this type of thing, but just thought would mention it here.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"Resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq