[program-l] ReArrange Lines In RichTextBox

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 06:18:00 -0400

Hi:
I have a Winforms RTB.
it is loaded with the column data from a DataRowView of a DataTable.
I read each column and add that value into a string before appending the string
to the RTB.
I want the user to be able to:
Select any line(s) in the RTB;
Move them up or down or delete them;
Then the next time the ListBox SelectedIndexChanged is fired:
I will RePopulate the variables in the strings and now want to insert the
strings in the new order.
I have read a ton of articles to implement something like this but I am
wondering if anyone out there has a solution.
One selection method is to use the LeftMargin property, think that was
Winforms, and the user can just click it to select a line but using a Screen
reader I am not sure this is a good solution for us.
Most of the articles use an array to hold strings but they would hold already
populated values for the variables.
Have you built anything like this in VB.net or C#?
Rick USA