[program-l] Re: Python: Please Help Me Think Out Loud About When To Make Classes And When Not To Make Them

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:57:28 +0200

I would see it as more of an object, with game state property, sort of array
property with elements for each block, but then they'd also have child
properties, like possible contained piece objects, which could have type
properties, and then the board could also have things like move history listing
property, etc., etc.?

FWIW, that's more of the approach I went for with my PHP rendered chess board
app/object, etc. as well, but anyway.

And, with the ludo board game engine am currently trying to finish off in PHP,
I then also implement things like output, getBoard() functions of the
object/class which then spit out the rendered HTML content of the board, based
on other properties, like paths to piece images, etc. etc., but anyway...

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA