[program-l] Re: Python 2.7.9: passing arguements to subprocess

  • From: Yuma Antoine Decaux <jamyad7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 15:58:33 +1000

Hi,

Just put your first argument in pOpen() or call() in a list such as:
call([‘command’, ‘option’, ‘argument’, ‘…’], stderr, stdout, shell= whatever)

Cheers

Yuma Antoine Decaux
"Light has no value without darkness"
Mob: +61 410732547
Skype: Shainobi1
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/triple7

On 2/04/2015, at 11:48 am, Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I need to execute an external program from my python script which is running
on
windows 7.
The commandline of the program is below.
convert img-150330141312.pdf -auto-level -compress none ocr.tiff

How do I use subprocess to do this? I have tried the below code and it is
failing by stating that -auto-level is an invalid parameter.

Note:
The convert.exe utility is a part of the image magic program.

def convertPDFImage(fpn,tempPath):
ocrOutputName=os.path.join(tempPath, 'ocr.tif')
cmList=[]
cmList.append('convert')
cmList.append(fpn)
cmList.append("-auto-level")