[program-l] Re: Oracle SQL question

  • From: "Eileen Lafond" <Eileen.Lafond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:26:39 -0700

I found out what the problem was.  I had an extra value field which I deleted.

Then   I cut back the size of the data in the text field to about 20 words and
ran it as a clob.  It worked.

Then I changed it back to the 409 words and ran it and got the same error
message as before.

The error message follows:

ORA-00972: identifier is too long

Would the fact that there are ' in the data make a difference? If so, what
would be acceptable?

Thanks for any help,

Eileen La Fond
Phone (206) 386-0011
e.mail Eileen.LaFond@xxxxxxxxxxx

>>> "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx> 7/27/2009 5:42 PM >>>
Wont the varchar data type help? Or, you could try using the clob data type.