[program-l] Re: Microsoft Excel 2003: running a macro on row insertion

  • From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 05:35:15 +0530

Hi George,

I do not want to have the user click any buttons etc since the user may forget to do so before sending the time sheet. If the user inserts a row, the macro should run.

Pranav
on Monday 9/12/2005 10:34 PM, George Bell said:
Hi Pranav,

If I know what the Macro Command was for up arrow, I'd say
yes.  However, I can't seem to get away from a specific
co-ordinate.

What I wanted to do, was search for a string, then insert a
row above.  This would then be assigned to a button which,
when clicked on, would insert a row above it.

Sub Insert_Row()
'
' Insert_Row Macro
' Macro recorded 12/09/2005 by George Bell
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+i
'
    Rows("4:4").Select
    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlUp
End Sub

George.

Pranav Lal
> Sent: 12 September 2005 16:33
> To: program-l-freelists.org
> Subject: [program-l] Microsoft Excel 2003: running a macro
on
> row insertion
>
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to run a macro when a user inserts a row in
> worksheet? I took a look at the list of events and was
unable
> to find any suitable event.
>
> I need this capability in my time sheet Excel sheet. Some
> users work on multiple projects in a day so need to add
> additional rows. The problem is that there are certain
hidden
> columns like activity code, project code etc. They need to

> copy a formula from the previous row into the newly
inserted