[program-l] Matlab and Simulink with Speech

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:20:00 -0400

Hi all,
I guess I'm another one who has been away from the list for a while.  I
have just moved into a new job where MatLab and SimuLink from MathWorks
seem to be front and center among my new colleagues.  Based on what's
posted at www.mathworks.com related to accessibility, it appears they may
have at least a clue on the subject.  They talk specifically about JAWS
and using the Java Access Bridge to get access to MatLab.  See the tiny
URL http://tinyurl.com/y9xpvb3 for specifics.

At the moment I'm having trouble getting the Java Access Bridge properly
installed to intercept MatLab, apparently.  I'm expecting some help from
our help desk folks later today that I hope will clear up this major
stumbling-block.  I'm just curious if anybody else on this list has worked
with MatLab and especially if anybody has used SimuLink and can give me an
idea of what I'm up against trying to use this stuff with JAWS.  I'm sure
I'll have more specific questions as I go, but this will get me started as
I await the help that will hopefully get my installation working.

Thanks,
Jerry

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature
unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action
in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in
error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.