[program-l] Re: Inspecting the DOM with a screenreader

  • From: Lubos Pintes <lubos.pintes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 13:35:39 +0100

Hello,

I am fairly new to TamperMonkey stuff. I installed the accessibilizer. There is mentioned a shortcut Ctrl+Shift+F2 but that doesn't work for me. What else could be done to activate it?

Thanks.

Dňa 4. 11. 2020 o 19:33 Stefan Moisei napísal(a):

Hi,
Nvda and chrome mostly work. you press f12, go to the beginning of the page, arrow down until you get to elements and make sure it is selected, then arrow more to the tree view and press enter to get into focus mode
Another option is using  web accessibilizer, *blind specific. *
https://www.stsolution.org/WebAccessibilizer/
I like the fact that you can here diferent info about the dom element by pressing keys.
*Sent:* Tuesday, November 3, 2020 11:32 PM
*To:* program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* [program-l] Inspecting the DOM with a screenreader

Morning,

Whilst trying to track down some accessibility issues I wanted to take a look at the current state of the DOM on some pages.

I am using jaws and chrome.

Using the dev tools I found the interface quite busy and couldn’t quite find what I was after, which was an easy way to view the current DOM tree and it’s attributes.

I found a few articles online describing the process, but they were mostly aimed at sighted developers.

Can anyone point me at any documentation/articles describing the process using a screenreader?

Are there screenreader/browser combinations that work better than others?  Happy to change to something other than jaws with Chrome if the experience is better?

Any advice welcome.

Kind regards

Bart

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq