[program-l] Homer .net with Visual Basic .net: how to programmatically populate text boxes and get their values

  • From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 21:44:36 +0530

Hi all,

I am using the homer .net library. I have added 2 edit boxes. I am using
Visual Basic .net.

1. How do I populate them programmatically? I can do that at the time of
definition but what about at other points in the program?

2. How do I get the values entered into these boxes?

Upon looking at the fruit basket code for visual basic, I can see that the
text boxes have been mapped to variables. I cannot fully understand the
mapping line.
Dim txt As TextBox = CType(me.Names("TextBox_Fruit"), TextBox)
What does the "TextBox_Fruit"), TextBox)" bit mean? There is no element
anywhere else called "TextBox_Fruit".

I realize that a variable caste is taking place but I am a shade lost in
interpreting this conversion.
Pranav