[program-l] Re: Fwd: VI / VIM / GVIM like editors that works well with JAWS

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 07:38:16 -0800

I don't know about vim, but cygwin's console emacs works fairly well
under jaws.  (I could barely stand GUI emacs even before going blind).
 The one downside is that the windows console is a fairly slow
interface, even if you change the buffer size to match the window
size.

I just tried vim and it seems to work (note the 'seems', all I did was
start the program, enter a line of text, hit enter then up-arrow, the
text I had entered was read back).  You would need to do more to see
if it will actually work for you.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx