[program-l] FW: [program-java] Re: Moderator's message

  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 19:59:27 +0100

O.K. guys - please make a careful note here as regards joining the two
lists - program-l and program-java

Both lists are with //www.freelists.org

To join any freelists group, the format of message is [List
Name]-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "subscribe" (without the
quotes) as the subject.

In our cases, simply send a totally blank message with the Subject
"subscribe" (without the quotes) to one of the following:-

Program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
or
Program-java-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

(Don't forget the Subject line as above.

You should then receive a message asking you to confirm your
membership.  Simply reply as requested.  BUT......

Make sure your e-mail Reply function does not add extra stuff to the
reply such as preceeeding every reply line with > or [Fred said] and
such like.  This is because part of the reply includes a Unix command
which must contain // at the beginning of the line.  You are
programmers, so should understand such a Command Line process.

If all else fails, send me a private message to
george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the e-maill address you wish to be
subscribed, and I will di it manually.  Here it should be as a link
[mailto:george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

But please bear in mind that not only am I in the GMT time zone.  I
also travel, so it may take time for me to catch up on mail. (Actually
the week after next, I am in Zimbabwe)

George

signature database 4491 (20091008) __________

http://www.eset.com