[program-l] FW: c++ exception handling

  • From: "Tim Burgess" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:16:35 -0000

Hi,

just reposting this, as I appear to have dropped off the list.

I've never had to use this technique before, strangely enough, but have a
very simple question.  In the examples I've read, int constants are being
used to identify the exceptions to be thrown.  Is there any reason why I
can't use an enumeration so that I never get any accidental confusions?

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess

Raised Bar Ltd

Phone:  +44 (0)1827 719822