[program-l] Re: Extracting xml data to a tree view

  • From: "Ian Sharpe" <isforums@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 09:46:40 -0000

Hi Dave

Not exactly sure why your doing this which could affect the solution. for
example, in ASP.NET you can bind XML data directly to some controls,
possibly tree view, which may suit your purpose.

If this approach doesn't work, you can use any of the built in classes,
including XmlDocument, to itterate through the node tree pulling out the
data you need using XPath or other properties. If you're not sure what I'm
talking about, have a look through the documentation samples on processing
XML data.

Cheers
Ian

  _____