[program-l] Enthought Python and Jaws?

  • From: Al Puzzuoli <alpuzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Program L <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:51:34 -0400

Has anyone else tried using Enthought Python with Jaws? This looks like a pretty nice distro, with all the libraries I would want, especially Pandas prepackaged and ready to go. However at least in its default configuration, it behaves very badly with Jaws. When I type into the CLI,, each letter is echoed back, regardless of Jaws key echo settings, and as I continue typing, those letters slowly become words, like, "t th thi this', annoying to say the least! I suspect this has something to do with the way Enthought is highlighting user input? Are there any settings within the shell that will make this better, or do I need to use an alternative distro?

Thanks,

Al