[program-l] Re: EdSharp Feature Request

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 14:21:43 +0200

Hi, thanks for checking the source. I have tried what you saw in code but it didn't do anything because I wasn't giving the full path to the file - EdSharp needs the full path and then it works as expected / as my original email.

Thanks,
Kerneels

On 2012/10/20 01:01 PM, Lubos Pintes wrote:
This could already be possible. Quick look to EdSharp source code suggests, that you can use three arguments:
EdSharp filename line column
DÅa 16. 10. 2012 14:37 Kerneels Roos wrote / napÃsal(a):
Hi List.

This may be possible already:

Provide a command line optional parameter for EdSharp that accepts a line number and optionally a column position where the cursor will be positioned at after the file has been opened (if the file is not already open in EdSharp) or where the cursor will be placed in the already opened file.

For example, it would be used like this:

edsharp.exe MySourceCode.cs /lc 10,15
or
edsharp.exe /lc 10,15 MySourceCode.cs

which will open MySourceCode.cs in EdSharp (if it is not already open) and place the cursor at line 10, column 15 and give the window with the file focus, or if the file is already open, give the window containing the file focus and position the cursor accordingly.

Such a feature would allow you to open any file that is open in Visual Studio using EdSharp, and have the cursor at the same position as in the open editor window in Visual Studio. Thus, you could use EdSharp to edit code files that are displayed in the VS code editor with two simple keystrokes when you have defined EdSharp as an external tool.

Kerneels Roos
Cell: +27 (0)79 696 6038
Tel: +27 (0)811 2108
LinkedIn: http://za.linkedin.com/in/kerneels