[program-l] Re: Configuring visual basic

  • From: "David Lant" <david.lant1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 20:03:23 -0000

Hi,

You don't say whether you are using Express or not.  If you are, then try
the following:

In the Options dialog under the Tools menu, select the Keyboard node and
select the Edit.PreviousMethod and Edit.NextMethod commands.  Allocate a
convenient keystroke to these of your own choice.  It will make navigating
between procedures much easier in the code editor. I also went into the JAWS
script editor and set up a couple of pass through script keys to execute
these keystrokes and after a delay, speak the line that the cursor lands on.

If you have a full version of Visual Studio 2008, then I would also
recommend putting the Windows macro into the start-up event of the IDE, so
that you can navigate to all the windows and close them more easily.

All the best,

David