[program-l] Cognos JAWS Problem

  • From: "Brent Neal" <BNEAL@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:22:42 -0600

In Cognos there is a properties window and the virtual PC cursor will scroll
through the whole window but the mouse cursor will only go to the choices that
are displaying at the time.  If I have a sighted person scroll through the
properties window then I can get the mouse cursor to the other options.  I need
to do this so I can use a left mouse button click to access these options.
When I try routing the mouse cursor to the PC cursor it will not work unless
those options are in the display window.  Is there a way to force the mouse
cursor to the other options?  There is a scroll bar but JAWS does not recognize
it.  This is a web application.
I appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thank You

Brent Neal