[program-l] Re: Choosing an installation mechanism for my visual basic .net application

  • From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:17:12 +0530

Hi David,

Many thanks for your comprehensive response. I had read about the setup
projects and templates but, they do not work in the express edition. I
suspect I could probably download some templates from the web but I have had
no success in finding any to download.

My C++ executable does not need any registering and is not really bound to
the project. The program however calls the executable as a separate process
so, I thought it would be better to include it with the program
distribution.

The installer seems to have worked

Pranav