[program-l] Re: COM Object in Python for Calling With JAWS

  • From: Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Toni Barth <hihohaia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 16:02:50 -0800

Well then  maybe I am wrong. Still surprised Google search didn't find anything relevant.

I would be curious though, once you register that Com server, which version of Python interpreter it would use? When you run it from an installed interpreter, would that com server depend on it? That would be inconvenient for distribution.

On 1/12/2022 2:02 PM, Toni Barth wrote:

Hi there,

i'm pretty sure that it is possible, just by reading this article:

*https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/python-programming-on/1565926218/ch12s06s01.html*

Article is for Python 2,but pywin32 just got more extensive since then.

Best Regards.

Toni Barth

Am 12.01.2022 um 22:57 schrieb Tony Malykh:
Judging from cursory Google search writing COM servers in Python appears to be impossible - at least Google didn't produce any relevant links.

Could you share what kind of functionality you are talking that is only available in Python? If it is really only available in Python, then you could implement Com server in C++ and then either make a call to python.exe, or embed python in your C++ library.

On 1/11/2022 11:52 AM, travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,
Any Python and JAWS experimenters here?
I would like to make a COM object that JAWS can call from JAWS script. As I
understand this means I need to make a COM server. I would like to do this
in Python, as the functionality I want to give to JAWS exists in Python
classes already.
Does anyone have a resource to an example, a skeleton Python COM server
wrapper, or something, that would explain how to accomplish this easily?
Thanks,
-Travis

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq