[program-l] C++ Template Question

  • From: Edward Przybylek <przy5100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Program-L <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:18:19 -0400

Hi all,

I encountered the following declaration in one of the programs I'm modifying/enhancing at work:

map<string, vector<string>> mymap;

How does one reference the various elements of this structure. In other words, How do I access the fifth or sixth element in the vector? I'm sure that to you C++ experts this is obvious but to us novices (folks like me), it doesn't appear to be that straight forward. If you're willing to explain the above, maybe you could take a crack at the following:

map<string, vector<string, string>> mymap;

The question is the same. How do I get at the various elements of the vector in this structure?

What ever happened to the days of assembler, Fortran, Cobol etc. ... in otherwords, the "good old days"? As always, any help greatly appreciated.

Take care,
Ed Przybylek

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe] ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to: ** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ** and in the Subject line type ** unsubscribe ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the ** immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq] ** or send a message, to ** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq