[program-l] Re: C# Help Please

  • From: David Lant <david.lant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:41:39 -0000

HI Mark,

Thanks for the link.  I'll read that now.

As for using Is Nothing, I am still a bit confused.  Although that compiles
OK, I rather think that at the point where the condition is checked, the
Submission event is always going to be nothing.  Syntactically, it appears
that:

Public Submission As SubmissionEventHandler

is declaring an object of type SubmissionEventHandler.  Now,
SubmissionEventHandler is a Delegate.  AS you can see, the declaration does
not instantiate a new instance.  It merely declares the event.  So I would
sort of expect Submission to be Nothing always.  Evidently something clever
is going on in the background, and I shall read that article to see if it
sheds any light before proceeding.

Thanks again.

David Lant

I.T. Consultant
Consultancy & Development
ICT Services
Tel: (01392) 382464

Devon County Council accepts no legal responsibility for the contents of
this message. The views expressed do not reflect those of Devon County
Council.