[program-l] Blind student in JAVA class needs help

  • From: "vincent" <vmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 22:15:09 -0400

Hello:
I am in an advanced JAVA programming class and have just encountered some
obstacles.  When we started to use exception handling all hell broke loose
with the accessibility.  Using any class that brings up the Joption pane,
such as making a check register with confirmation dialogues for input will
not speak.  I am using the Textpad iDE and don't know if this is the problem
or not.  So far, it is the only IDE that would speak when I am coding.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

"The majority is not doing the minority a favor by listening to its views;
it is doing itself a favor."
John Stuart Mill, 19th century British philosopher,