[program-java] Java: Reflection API

  • From: "Corbett, James" <James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 13:06:04 -0500

HI:

What I want to do is essentially get a handle to all of the text boxes from my
gui class. I had invisioned passing the gui class as an object to my new class
method and then inspect each text box by reference. However, I came across the
Reflection API and all of it's associated methods.

Would the Reflection API be a better approach to this or my formerly mentioned
approach. I'm thinking that passing the entire gui class as an object would be
very heavy.

Thoughts?

J.

James M. Corbett

Programmer / Analyst |
Canada Revenue Agency | Agence du revenue du Canada
875 Heron Rd.
Ottawa, On.
K1A0L5

James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx