[program-java] Re: HTML: TAGS

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 21:48:48 +0300

In adition, I would add:

1. A temporary problematic html tag for JAWS 12 is the <pre> element.
JAWS 11 reads it fine, but JAWS 12 doesn't read the text between <pre> and
</pre> as it is formatted, but it reads it using the common html rules, so if
the lines don't end with <br>, JAWS reads the whole text as a single line,
which is not correct with <pre>.

2. A problem are the <select> combo boxes with javascript code that submits the
form automaticly after choosing an element from the list.

3. The biggest problem is the captcha that doesn't provide a sound as an
alternative, the captcha that provides sound but complex words which are very
hard to understand or guess.

4. Another problem are the complex tables with table headings which are not
mapped to their corresponding cells.

5. Another problem are the sites that use Flash which is not really 100%
accessible, or a bigger problem are the sites that use Silverlight, and another
problem are the Java applets.
An important problem are the Flash-based media players that doesn't offer
accessible fast forward, or pause/stop buttons.

6. A big problem are the sites that make a music play immediately after opening
the page.

7. Another problem are the sites that offer the information in PDF files, some
of them beeing not accessible because they contain images, some of them contain
text but they load very hard in Acrobat Reader, or some of them contain tables
and other information organized in more columns, without an accessible
correlation between the elements.

And there are others...

Octavian