[procps] top width/truncation enhancement

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 01:10:02 -0500

Hi Jaromir and Craig,

The attached represents another (final?) benefit from the recent top redesign.

Users will now have a choice between the existing explicit width override or a
width chosen by top to exactly match display needs.  The former is immediate
but will likely waste some screen real estate while the latter is iterative but
will be sized precisely.

I've also included a related performance enhancing patch.

Regards,
Jim

p.s. Craig, these go on top of the 4 pending changes I sent on October 2.