[procps] for libproc1 branch ONLY

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 03:41:43 -0600

Hi Craig,

I'm ready to (re)address that 11 year old wishlist item regarding top
major/minor page fault delta counts.  They'll be far more useful than the
cumulative counts now displayable.  Such a change will, of necessity, break the
library ABI.

But before delta counts, I wanted to offer the patch below.  It accomplishes
the recent uptime change *without* breaking the API.

I know we've yet to begin a detailed library design discussion.  But I thought
perhaps this commit could serve an example of an alternative for libprocps
changes.  One that eliminates impact on the rest of the community.

Regards,
Jim