[procps] [RFE] Show the page size used for an allocation in the pmap

  • From: Jaromir Capik <jcapik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:36:38 -0500 (EST)

Hello guys.

We got a request to show the page size used for allocations in pmap.

This feature appeared in Solaris under the "-s" switch
(example outputs are attached ... combinations with "-x" too).

The Linux implementation would need the following 3 entries instead of 1:
KernelPageSize
MMUPageSize
AnonHugePages

I don't want to blindly copy the Solaris solution and that's
why I'd like to know Your opinion.

Questions:
1.) Do we want this feature in the procps-ng upstream or not?
2.) Do we want this feature to be activated by a separate "-s" switch?
    - or -
    Do we want it to be a part of the "-x" switch (extended to have
    more columns) ?

Please, let me know.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jaromir.

--
Red Hat Czech, s.r.o.
Software Engineer / BaseOS

Email: jcapik@xxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.cz.redhat.com
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45, Brno, Czech Republic
IC: 27690016