[pradjs] What the PRA DJ board is and is not for ...

  • From: Mike Jedlicka <mikejedlicka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pra dj's" <pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:54:53 -0800

I've been sending out some email to djs about what this PRA board is
and is not for, and I thought I'd send this out to everyone.

I've gotten some complaints in the past about people's inboxes being
filled up by information that does not pertain to them, so I'm going
to list what to and what not to send all 60+ members of the
pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx list.

What to include:
- If something is going wrong at the station and you cannot get a hold
of me to warn all other djs
- Sub requests (Use the subject "Sub needed" and your show time, put
all other info in the email's body)
- All dj meeting information and meeting notes
- Station updates/fixes
- PRA benefit show information
- Relevant legal information regarding internet radio
- Dues reminders/who's paid and who owes PRA dues
- New albums put on our station computer (by our music directors)

What not to include:
- information on your next show (Tune into _____ from ___ to ___ on
______).  If we had every dj writing the public board, we'd have way
too many emails in here.  If you want to promote your show, make an
email group to send to your friends, set up a facebook page for your
show or myspace or whatever social internet site you use.  Just please
don't send this kind of info to the pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxx!!!
- A reply to an email on the board already that is just to the person
who sent it.  If all the members don't need to see your email, don't
cc the entire board.
- Any other random information that the entire PRA crew does not need to hear.

I hope this makes sense.  If you have any questions, please write me
personally!!  Thanks, and have a good weekend ...

Mike