[pradjs] Important Info & Trivia Re: New Monitors (speakers) at PRA

  • From: Wink Junior <winkjunior@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 15:50:13 -0800

Wink, I mean, I will be putting gaffers tape with max. volume levels
for the new monitors ASAP.

These "new" speakers were made in the late 1970's but were over
$1000/pair in 1980 dollars back then.

So the speakers are loud enough to cause hearing damage, and turning
up too much can blow out a woofer since the Urei board pushes
40 watts norm, but can peak at 60+ according to the schematics and
electrical shock I got last night. Ouch! %#^$&@!!!

So please be careful with the MONITOR volume to protect the speakers
and your hearing! About 25% is a pretty loud level, I'd guess 80-90dB
range. More new toys coming soon!  Feedback most welcome.

Enjoy! Cheers, Wink

--
WinkJunior@xxxxxxxxx
http://sound-o-mat.com/~winkjr