[powerdot] Re: teTeX

  • From: Pedro Jorge Caridade <caridade@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 06 Feb 2006 09:47:21 +0000

Hello
You have two possibilities, at least.
1. Use the tetex directory tree (TDS). In case of tetex, it should be
/usr/share/texmf/ or /usr/local/share/texmf/. You can also have a local
TDS ~/texmf/

After choosing the place you want to put it (it depends on taste, but if
you are the only one to use the laptop, put it in your account ~/texmf/)
create the directory ~/texmf/latex/powerdot. Inside you should put the
*.cls, *.sty, etc.... The last thing to do is texhash (note: if you are
using he home directory, you should do texhash in you account).

2. Use the miktex package manager (mpm) that now exists for linux.
Although still with some bugs (at least for upgrading, forcing me to
remove the old and install the new), t is a nice tool.

Pedro