[powerdot] Re: powerdot to Slidy

  • From: Tom Schneider <toms@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 14:41:34 -0500 (EST)

Johannes:

> I have got a lot of teaching material in latex and most of it to be
> compiled with powerdot. I often use links from pdf documents to
> anchors within other pdf documents. But now I am preparing to manage
> my courses within Moodle an it seems difficult for me to link from
> Moodle pages into pdf files. A few days ago I saw a Slidy
> presentation (http://www.w3.org/Talks/Tools/Slidy/) the first time
> and found it fairly nice.
> Compiling my latex sources to Slidy had the advantage that the
> students are not forced to change between reader and browser.
> Additionally links can be made easily from Moodle to a single slide.
>
> Is there a chance, that someone will write an extension  to powerdot
> package making Slidy output?

I saw your posting above a few days ago.  You seem to imply that one
can convert automatically, "Compiling my latex sources to Slidy", from
LaTeX to Slidy, but it was not obvious how fromthe documentation page.

Did you do it by hand?

If it was automatic I may add it to my LaTeX page:

http://www.ccrnp.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/latex.html

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms@xxxxxxxxxxx
  permanent email: toms@xxxxxxxxxxxx (use only if first address fails)